One to one
For many It takes great courage to pick up the phone and make an appointment with a counsellor. It takes great courage to walk into the room and begin to speak and be really heard.
Its brave to admit that some parts of my life are not working and to ask for help.
For some it goes against every rule to share the secrets of one’s heart with a stranger.
Yet The Truth Will set you Free
One to One Sessions - What to expect
It may not be comfortable, it may not be what you want to hear yourself say and you may not even be ready to act on it yet, but in my experience having somewhere safe and kind to say all you need to say is one of the most powerfully liberating and transformative experiences you can have.
If you decide to try it you can expect the following:
- Your session will be an hour (an introductory session one might be an hour and a half).
- Time is very important so we begin exactly on time and we end on times as much as is possible. If you are late then your session will still end at the allotted time as there has to be a cross over time left for the next person to arrive in confidentiality. For this reason I would ask you not to arrive early.
- Your session will usually be weekly although this can change over time and if you decide to come less often, or if getting here once a week is impractical, some work can be done over Skype but it would not be my first choice. (The initial contract is for 6 sessions to see how you get on. Of course you can opt to end at any time but I usually ask that you contract for an ending so we can make it as positive as we can).
- What you say will be held in complete confidence, unless I’m concerned for your welfare or that of another around you. If this is the case then I would speak to you about this before going elsewhere. Another area where I would share material is in regular supervision sessions with a REACH supervisor. All my work is supervised. This is a requirement of the BACP and something I take seriously. Make sure any counsellor you see has regular supervision.
- We begin where you are . All you need to bring is yourself and as much honesty and courage as you can. My first consideration is to be a human being who is on your side, closely following that is consideration for your safety and well-being.
- I will challenge you, I will stand in your corner and I will offer you tools and various handouts to read, practice and work with. What you do with them is then up to you.
Whatever your religion, culture, age or gender, you are welcome and I will endeavour to respect and honour all that you are. We may have some tough conversations but my hope is they will bring you more awareness, more understanding and thus more choice in life.Whatever you decide I wish you health love happiness and life of meaning x
How to get started
If you are interested in contacting Lucinda re one to one sessions please write to her through this website leaving your contact details including a phone number and she will get in touch with you by phone for an initial conversation.
Lucinda also runs small groups to give people a taster so check out the diary dates on this site.